Translate

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

POST 1509; ABERDEEN, WASHINGTON; 12-30-2015


GOOD MORNING from a freezing ABERDEEN, Washington.

Expected to be many miles North on Highway US 101.  I have instead, exercised one of the many OPTIONS:  to remain in ABERDEEN until receipt of Social Security $$.

Lying in bed - inside SPIA - last night as the temperature steadily dropped, I began to reconsider my initial decision to head off into the Rain Forest and virtually uninhabited forest of far North West Olympic Peninsula in the morning.

I think my reconsideration came - at least partially - from the realization that others might have reason to reach me on matters important and urgent... JACKIE.

By moving into sparsely populated wilderness at this particular moment could be considered selfish should desired cell phone contact become "iffy".

OK, that is one reason for remaining in ABERDEEN for the moment.

Another reason is accepting that as an "old" man, there is need to acknowledge potential dangers to go into isolated areas with limited resources to defray eventualities of unforseen need ... such as severe weather as is sweeping the country at the moment; or impact of the arrival of the NOAA prediction of a MASSIVE GEOMAGNETIC STORM arriving at Earth TODAY from the SUN's MASS CORONAL EJECTION; or the forecast that the temperature at the NORTH POLE will - for only the 2nd time in recorded history - reach 36 F (that is ABOVE FREEZING - a full 50 F above historic NORMAL), at MIDNIGHT, signalling ... WHAT ?

OK, that is another reason for remaining in ABERDEEN for the moment.

Awaking this morning, I was shivering with near hypothermia from not enough blankets from the frigidness inside SPIA; and I was hungry from only a hamburger yesterday ... my attempt to limit expenditure of our meager remaining $$. 

I put on my walking shoes and walked the two city blocks to MAC D, where I threw caution to the wind; I purchased a $4.99 EGG MAC MUFFIN and in anger, ate it ... to help warm up if for no other reason.

OK, now the essence of truth is creeping into my dissertation; 

More TRUTH to be recognized; I need a break from our mad dash from WEST VIRGINIA to NORTH CAROLINA to TENNESSEE to MISSISSIPPI to LOUISIANA to TEXAS to NEW MEXICO to ARIZONA to CALIFORNIA to OREGON to WASHINGTON ...

...and for what GOOD REASON, I ask !

Hopefully an acceptable Blog UPDATE or two has resulted;

OK !

The SUN has come out.

ABERDEEN is warming.

We can, at least, go walking !  I have visited ABERDEEN many times, but never really saw ABERDEEN.  One Christmas EVE many years back, I was rushed to ER (EMERGENCY) in ABERDEEN to treat my reaction to a prescription drug error.  Least I can do is walk and photograph ABERDEEN ... then share with the World, that which I discover.

As I so often quote: TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY (Gone With The Wind).

So, we shall see what we can do with TODAY !

 






No comments: