Translate

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

POST 1467; BELLINGHAN, WN; 07-29-15




HAVE SOME INTERESTING PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE PAST WEEK OR SO.  IN LIEU OF IMAGES, MUCH NEWER HARD INFORMATION WILL BE SHARED HERE.

CURRENT (07-29-15):

ME:  I have received a rather complete battery of medical tests initiated by my Primary Doctor, SHIRGILL, who has been monitoring my health as I walk America the past 3 years or so.

Test results of TODAY:  in all aspects, my body test results are fully and completely NORMAL.

SPIA received a good battering in the accident of Saturday last ... and has emerged with NO physical damage.

IMMEDIATE STEPS TAKEN:

SPIA and I have received in depth tests and inspections ... ALL of which have concluded NO injury or DAMAGE.

 SPIA shock absorbers are being replaced after wear and tear of some 275,000 miles on the vehicle...at a cost of $625.00.

NEW INPUT: 

This morning I gave Bob a ride to the hospital for some not-so-minor surgury..  Bob immediately exclaimed that SPIA had an exhaust leak.  Though I could not smell any Carbon Monoxide, I had been feeling blase' and disoriented for some months.  During my drive to Washington State, I fell asleep while driving in Minnessota,  barely avoiding an accident.  LAST SATURDAY, DRIVING TO YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, I AGAIN FELT SOMEWHAT OUT OF SORTS and was fighting to stay awake when I fell asleep. crashing SPIA.

Today Sister Carol tells me that she was on the phone with me when I said I could not stay awake.  She said to pull off the road and STOP !

I remember telling Carol I was looking for a wide spot to pull off the road.  Carol says the phone went "dead"...   was concerned but was afraid to call back or check this blog... and has not done so waiting for me to contact her today, her 73rd birthday.

It appears I was talking to Carol ...went to sleep in mid conversation, and lost control of SPIA for a split second ...recovering with SPIA airborne. 

From that moment I was fully cognizant of and in control of the vehicle guiding her through the incident to a successful stop some eighth of a mile out in the desert.

Motor in neutral and still running I looked back at the highway thru a huge cloud of dust.  No less than eight vehicles were passing by, making no effort to stop to help me.



* * * * * * * * * *

Four hours after the accident, sitting next to DANIELLE in Mc Donalds at West Yellowstone, I went into shock ... recovering normality this morning, some 36 hours and 700 miles distant.

Bob has kindly invited us to hang out for a bit.












No comments: