Translate

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

POST 1406; AUGUST 19, 2014; BRIDGEPORT, WASHINGTON



Leaving folks is always a most difficult moment for me.  At 10:00 am, I finally said goodbye to hugs all around and one last photograph.

First destination is the town of BREWSTER, a bit larger than PATEROS, some 8 miles distant.  Arrived at 12:00 noon, grabbed a bite from MacD, picked up my medications, and a couple food items.

Next destination, some 15 miles distant was BRIDGEPORT, which I arrived at 4:30 pm.Met ANNIE and at a dozen locals, who plied me with drinks and dinner.  ANNIE allowed her TAVERN to be my work place for this blog update.ANNIE is also taking SAM and ME to her home for the night.

It is becoming too dark to type, so my comments are nearly complete.



The CAFE in PATEROS looking at the COLUMBIA RIVER.



APPLE BOXES on the horizon...Apple picking is now in progress.




BREWSTER Bridge crossing the COLUMBIA River.



Downtown BREWSTER









APPLE COUNTRY as viewed from BREWSTER Bridge.









Orchard Ranch on the banks of the COLUMBIA River.









MY NEW FRIEDS FROM WHOM i received several NUZZLES.





An incredible picture... my statement...





PEARS ready for harvest.


The COLUMBIA River reappears.





Yes, there is an incredible DAM in the town of BRIDGEPORT.









Local BRIDGEPORT architecture.





Please say HELLO to ANNIE and Brother JOHN.

ANNIE has hovered over me all evening serving this and that.  Is now 8:45 pm.  The shop closes at 9:00. at which time ANNIE will accompany SAM and ME "Home" for the night.

A very nice day all in all.

Tomorrow we walk the first of two severe UP HILL efforts to reach the GRAND COULEE DAM.


Is too dark to see to proof my narrative.  It is all yours, errors and all.

Nite Nite

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were such a pleasure to have visiting us! My children and myself will be talking about you and your adventures for quite awhile and we can now accompany you along the way!! Best of luck on your journey ahead!!!
Much Love,
Annie, Laini, and Jayden