Translate

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

POST 1386; JULY 23, 2014; WATERFORD, MAINE



In the midst of an intense LIGHT and SOUND SHOW, am attempting to fashion a presentable blog update.

This is Day 3 that CYNTHIA has delivered her beach home into my hands.  Beauty unsurpassed ... blue waters of LAKE KEOKA Campground. bikini clad homeowner bathers, fishermen, and beach loungers from Sun up 'til Sun down...backdropped by the beginning of the State Of Maine Central and Northern Mountains.

SPIA has been repaired, changing her Right Side Valve Cover gasket together with grommets, seals, and two valve stem "O" Rings by JOSH, who worked for two days off and on; Cost:  $182.00... perhaps one-half what he should have charged.  Thank you, JOSH.  Will see you in the morning on my way out of town.









KEOKA BEACH Campground, where I have been welcomed recovering my strains and bruises from falling three days ago...and awaiting the magic of JOSH and his wrenches.








Please say HELLO to CYNTHIA once again...with one of her two Yorkys.

I owe you BIG !






The nearby town of HARRISON...where Cynthia has taken me for excellent breakfasts each morning.








RUBY SLIPPERS ... Breakfast...on the shore of CRYSTAL LAKE.






Awaking this morning to fog shrouded waters among Pine Forests.  It has remained a bit misty in the humidity much of the day.

At the moment, the second wave (FRONT) of Lightening and Thunder pounded it's way across LAKE KEOKA,  I do believe more fronts are coming our way shortly.








View through the lakeside trees  fronting "MY" Holiday Beach Front Summer Home.

Ya know, I could be comfy here writing my  books...memoirs...or whatever.







Calm before the storm...only one hour ago.






Black clouds rolling in.















Wind has picked up...

First drops of rain are falling...
















From the waterside deck of CYNTHIA's Home.

Truth be known, Cynthia made herself scarce except for breakfast and first evening LOBSTER dinner.  Was looking for "visit" time, but was not to be.







Please say HELLO to JENNIFER (JEN), of the BRIDGTON Bank, who helped me this afternoon pry loose some $$ from my AMEX Credit Card, as JOSH absorbed my remaining DEBIT Card Funds...and still 10 days to go before SS $$ are available.

Thank you, JEN...and for the HUG.


* * * * * * * * * *

Interesting how things work out.  Coming to BRIDGTON was an optional Route...and having opted for BRIDGTON, turns out to be the salvation of SPIA - Thank You, JOSH; and  my Angel of MERCY, CYNTHIA standing by as I threw my poor body, smashing it into the macadam...not to mention unbelievable quisine, shelter, and many of her friends helping me make it through my sojourn to Lake KEOKA.

Thank you all.

Third FRONT just announced itself crashing into the lake only 50 feet from where I sit...rain beating down on the metal roof...reminded of swinging at anchor in the San Juan Islands with rain beating out a staccato on TICINO or JOURNEY's cabin top...Oh, so many years ago !

Tomorrow morning = back to our walk.














No comments: