Translate

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

POST 1113A; MAY 07, 2013; BELLINGHAM, WASHINGTON



* * * * * * * * * *

In the interest of decreasing weight in SAM...and in the interest of improving efficiency of communication, I have, today, purchased the latest VERIZON  DROID Telephone with all the bells and whistles. 

Took the entire afternoon and until 9:30 pm - beyond closing time - for the phone to be set up to replicate my tired old Computer. 

Must admit that I am royally confused by the technology...and look forward to arriving at Chuck and Donna, who have similar systems...

For the moment, I am retaining my old T-Mobile phone until I feel comfy with the new equipment (the Droid has a new telephone number, but will be switched over when I feel ready).

My Nephew, Carl and his lovely wife have asked me to accompany them all day tomorrow to Seattle...and on to SEA-TAC Airport to catch my 11:00 pm flight...so, will not experience the new BOLT BUS service...at least for now.

Am eager to return to the road with SAM...and have decided that SAM and ME are going to climb TOGETHER over the Allegheny Mountains...feel we would be cheating if I sent SAM on ahead on a truck.  May take me a bit of extra effort and time to push SAM  up the three 8 % + hills awaiting in West Virginia, but being the masochist I am, we will figure a way to walk and roll together to the plains of OHIO.

Our new ETA to return to the Peace Arch, Blaine, Washington is August 02, 2013...will be fun to see how well we maintain this objective.

Will be trying to figure out the Droid so it can be used to replace my computer.  All the software is in place...just need to get this old brain to comprehend the new technology.  The Droid will also replace my Panasonic Camera...so very much to learn !

...something about old dogs and new tricks...OMG !

2 comments:

Warren said...

You know, of course, that some dogs your age don't have, won't have a computer of any kind, and don't even want to hear about new tricks. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

I had my smart phone for 3 yr. Dallas
Of wv