Translate

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 19, 2011

POST 511 - DAY 305 / 48: RODANTHE. OUTER BANKS, NORTH CAROLINA

A word about this photograph:

Evening Sun is still fully 5 degrees above the horizon.

Camera is set at minus 20 Contrast...looking directly into the fire ball.

Interesting: Foreground is in darkness (even tho it is actually still blinding bright) leaving a vertical shaft of sunlight reaching down to the surface of PAMLICO SOUND. Sure wish I could receive some camera-operation instruction to learn what I was doing...

While taking the one picture, a swarm of mosquitoes attacked me. Wiping my face. my hand came away bloody from the critters biting me. The swarm followed as I ran back to HAPPY CLAM. There is still at least one mosquito inside SPIA with me right now, at 8:10 pm local EST.

This morning greeted the Sun with a cloudless sky. Folks were walking SR 12 in shorts and T's...I wore a hoodie trying not to shiver as I walked the mile or so to Bonnie's - our Realtor - to return her set of keys to HAPPY CLAM...yesterday while in AVON, I made a duplicate key.

To warm up, I donned my work clothes - boots, jeans, long sleeve T, ear warmer sweat band around my neck, a thick woven hat with ear muffs which tie under my chin, and Welders Gloves - to attack the first of my assigned projects: clean up the front yard of HAPPY CLAM from the piles of grass and trash left behind by the five-foot deep flood waters of Hurricane IRENE.

Tomorrow I start in on DEJA VU's yard.

The grass / trash goes into large trash cans which are picked up on Tuesday and Friday. It will take at least three weeks before it is all carted away.

While working, mosquitoes plunged their needle noses through my T, leaving too any bites to count on my back ...spent the day scratching like a dog against the house stilts...could not reach the bites to scratch with my finger nails..

Enjoyed an afternoon watching football games on Brian's TV...AND a long HOT shower...

Weather forecast for next week is mostly warm and sunny. I may drive North for a couple
days / nights to start my walks to the Northern Outer Banks.

Feels strange not to be walking forward. It does, however, have its rewards.

I have accepted Karen's invitation to return to COLUMBIA two weeks hence for their yearly Holiday Craft Show and Parade.

I will drive SPIA, as Karen will have a house full of visitors for the events. On the way, I plan to visit more ROANOAK ISLAND and mainland villages...and, of course, do more walking.

Oh, Yes...Googled FIREFOX refusal to open. Others have experienced the same problem. One kind soul gave the "fix":

FIREFOX - OPTIONS - NETWORK - SETTINGS - CONFIGURE HOW FIREFOX CONNECTS TO THE INTERNET - AUTO DETECT SETTINGS FOR THIS NETWORK - ...

Presto...FIREFOX opened like magic.

I know...any five year old can do it.

Problem is, I ain't no more five years old !

No comments: