Translate

Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 14, 2011

DAY 32 - NEWPORT - WALDPORT, OREGON

NEWPORT, OREGON BRIDGE
BRIDGE APPROACH

NEWPORT MARINA AND BREAKWATER FROM THE BRIDGE


NEWPORT BRIDGE FROM THE WALKWAY



NEWPORT MARINA - LOOKING UP RIVER




NEWPORT BRIDGE FROM THE WALKWAY



NEWPORT PACIFIC OCEAN ENTRANCE FROM THE BRIDGE



LOOKING AT NEWPORT FROM THE BRIDGE


OLD TRACTORS HAVE A CERTAIN CHARM


SEAL ROCKS - ABOUT 10 MILES SOUTH OF NEWPORT, OREGON


SEAL ROCKS...THE WIND WAS HOWLING...COULD NOT STAND...quit walking for the day


SEAL ROCKS


THIS GUY SAT NOT 5 FEET FROM ME...SHE WAS BUFFETED SO HARD, SHE COLD NOT STAND UPRIGHT...FINALLY JUMPED TO THE GROUND TO GET OUT OF THE WIND


WALDPORT BRIDGE...WIND WAS SO STRONG, SPIA NEARLY TIPPED OVER CROSSING THIS BRIDGE

DAY 32 – NEWPORT – WALDPORT, OREGON

Afraid I’ll disappoint today…stayed overnight at the Oregon State Campgrounds near Newport. Out at 7:00 am, walked BACK to Newport over the bridge….and BACK to SPIA…but did not stop…

Kept trucking South on US 101 for another 5 miles and walked back…except last two miles, Bob and his Over-Loving Pooch, Ruby stopped to give me a ride…Ruby, who chewed on my hand…on my arm…on my neck…and whined the entire time…think she was a She. Ruby's "CHEWS" were as a Lion picks up her baby Cub. Bob said she rarely sees anyone but himself and she just cut loose...no problem says I...appreciate every attention. Could be I'm just a sexy guy.

Anyway, nice to be appreciated…See…I can and do get along with ladies quite nicely...even 4-legged ones

Anyway, walked back to SPIA, which I had moved to a commercial auto sales lot…thanks folks for letting me park for a few hours…

It is 14 miles from Newport to WALDPORT, OREGON. Drove SPIA South about 8 miles and parked. Walked BACK 3/4 hour (3 miles) and return to SPIA…continued walking South another 4 miles or so and BACK to SPIA.

Bob told me there was forecast 75 miles per hour winds for the next few hours. Moved SPIA once again towards Waldport…parked and walked South for 30 minutes (2 miles) near Seal Rocks, when the wind hit with a vengeance…nearly blew me off the road…carefully returned to SPIA and drove into Waldport – about 4 miles away…

Crossing over the Bridge into Waldport was a signboard…STRONG WIND GUSTS…Wow…no kidding. Crossing the bridge, I had to fight to keep SPIA from tipping over and swerving into oncoming traffic…the wind was like nothing I had ever driven in before (later, was told some Motor Homes have overturned on that bridge from the fierce winds).

Pulled into Tourist Information…only to find they were closed…drove to the South of Waldport where a RV place is…and took a spot…Oh, My..this Park needs some work. Turning on a fresh water faucet to fill a water bottle, a WORM crawled out of the spigit…

But here I am for better or worse.

Is now 2:00 pm. Am in shock from the wind, the ugly RV Park, my waterproofing of the Air Conditioner came off crossing the bridge…and SPIA’s “black” (toilet) system is clogged and will not drain.

Other than that, the Chardonnay (thanks Sandra & Al) is great AND the Sun has come out…naturally, I take all the credit for the Sun…now I can repair the cover over the Air Conditioner.

Will stay right here for another day…yesterday was an emotional day for me…Not every day a lady appreciates and gives meaningful and heartfelt hugs to this old man…I shed a few tears trying to get to sleep...good fortune be with you, Kerry.

No comments: