Translate

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 2, 2010

LAMAR IS HISTORY

TARANTULA MIGRATION ABOUT TO BEGIN (15 miles South of LAMAR)
MONSTER DISC ABOUT TO PLOW UNDER RECENTLY HARVESTED WHEAT FIELD

LAMAR 'ER' (Were My Life Took A Major Turn-& Put Me Back On The Road)


LAMAR CITY PARK, COLORADO



LAMAR, COLORADO




4 MORE MILES TO LAMAR





'SPIA" (Seniors Performing Incredible Acts) READY TO RUMBLE






ALL DRESSED & READY TO WALK







NEENOSHE BIRD SANCTURARY - (End of last month's Walk & Start of Oct. 01 Walk)








CHAR's RANCH (Looking to Rocky Mountains)









CHAR's RODEO PRACTICE BUCKING BARREL










CHAR, JODI & MARIA


































Lamar is 12 miles BACK up US 287.

Stopped in at the Lamar Hospital to say hello AND thank them for rescueing me one month ago.

Day before yesterday, Jodi & I departed from RV AMERICA . We drove the Van & SAM's Trailer to Char & her Mom, Maria's Ranch, where we were invited to sleep over. Char is a REAL Cowgirl, competing monthly in Rodeos. Fun Fun...Showed her broken bones...both arms, right & left Collar Bones, etc...Tuff Ladies...

Jodi drove...I sat back & enjoyed the ride to the Lake South of Eads, Colorado, where I last walked. We made lunch & I took off for Wiley, some 14 miles toward Lamar...

I nearly died...Wow, am I out of shape.

Jodi followed along three hours after my departure, passed me by...I kept walking...by the time I arrived in Wiley, Jodi had a parking spot for the nioght. After a bite (we cook our own EATS), I was in the over=the=cab queen size bed at 7 pm & fell instantly to sleep...don't know what time Jody went to bed set up in the dinnette space (makes a BIG double bed - two inches too short for me).

This morning I started walking at 7:30 am and reached the Lamar Hospital at11:30 am.

We made our own lunches & at 1:30 pm, I took off down US 287 for SPRINGFIELD<>

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Bruce - This arrangement sounds so much better. You can get on with it and not have to keep going back etc. It will be better now. I have worried about you crossing the great plains like you were, now it seems a real possibility. Till later, Sydne