Translate

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 28, 2010

MUST BE FIGHTING A BUG

LAUNCH RAMP AT THE LAKE
PARKING AT THE LAKE - NEAR EADS, COLO

DEER - NEAR US 287


EADS - SAND CREEK MASSACRE



EADS - SAND CREEK MASSACRE




US 287 SUPER HIGHWAY












The Lakes South of Eads are quite beautiful...and the last thing I expected to find in the Great Plains...but there they are...3 rather large Reservoir-type lakes. The Camp ground was State access for fishermen. Plenty of space - all unimproved, but nice hard packed sand (for when water is higher) - a concrete launching ramp for fishermen and secluded places suitable for parking. THere is also a composting-type outhouse.














I parked & spent a rather comfy night, waking to brilliant oranges and purples and reds as Ole SOL rose over the lake in front of the Van. Was too late with the camera to get the color, but did gat a couple pics of the area.














Started walking BACK tp Eads, some 11 miles away. Walked out 6 miles, turned around and "dragged" myself back to the Van. I had every intention to continue walking to Wills, some 10 miles South, but could NOT.














I have developed a constant deep chest cough, have achy joints, and am very fatigued. This has been coming on since a week ago...I even reported it to the ER Surgeon when he checked my itching scalp. Surgeon said all is normal...but I know it is not. (Nerves, perhaps>>)














So, I drove myself South on US 287 to the town of LAMAR, Colorado, an additional 6 miles beyond Wills. I have taken a room at the Super 8 Motel ($49.00) for two nights. I will sit tight in my room and try to heal whatever is going on. Maybe I will take time out to wash clothes, blankets and sleeping bag...all in need of a little TLC.














On Monday Morning, we will see how this old body is faring, and if OK, will go back to pick up the miles from the lake to Lamar...then continue on toward the Oklahoma Panhandle...now only 100 or so miles to the South.

No comments: