Translate

Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 30, 2010

DOCTOR'S ORDERS

Bit the bullet this morning and checked myself into Emergency ER at the Lamar Hospital.

Did an EKG. Did Chest x-Rays, Did massive Blood work, as well as "breathe deep" and an occasional Thump Thump. Also examined my "Lumpy" Scalp.

Bottom Line

Lumpy Scalp is extensive hair follical infection...probably from my dousing my self from running irrigation system waters - to keep Cool. Fix: Antibiotic CIPROFLOXACN. (& use "clean" water)

Drowning Lungs, Incessant cough, and Sinus Infection. Sinus drains into my Lungs, creating a Swimming Pool, which I fight to stay afloat enough to breathe. Fix: Same CIPROFLOXACN.

Blood Work: Blood Tests turned out great...no problem...EXCEPT:

A full 25% of my "RED" Blood Cells have Vanished. Dr. was on edge of ordering a Blood Transfusion, but held off; PROVIDED...

NO WALKING FOR AT LEAST ONE MONTH.
I EAT SENSIBLY
I TAKE FERROUS SULFATE (Iron Pills) FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH>
AFTER ONE MONTH HAVE ANOTHER GO WITH BLOOD TESTS>

So, I am "grounded" for the moment.

In the morning, I will drive the Van & Trailer back home (hope I still have a home) and regroup.

Will diligently look for a suitable SMALL Mobil Home that will comfortably sleep two. Am discussing possible "driver" to help complete my walk beginning Early October.

This is not at all what I planned. I ALWAYS plan for the "Best", but am equally ALWAYS ready for Options. Life would be kinda boring if ALL things went according to plan.

SO, Bore ME, Please.

1 comment:

DJan said...

I am glad you are taking the doctor's orders seriously, Bruce. Some time at home recovering and regrouping sounds like the best option. I have been following you daily and got pretty worried during this last period of time. Sending you good vibes and virtual hugs.