Translate

Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 16, 2010

AFTERNOON IN THE SUN

I HAVE "NOT" BEEN HERE ...but I HAVE been on similar grounds, CASEARTA, the Kingdom Of The Two Italys, near Naples, Italy, where I lived for many years.
I HAVE BEEN HERE


I HAVE BEEN HERE


I HAVE BEEN HERE - WALKED IT



I HAVE BEEN HERE - KENYA





I HAVE BEEN HERE - WITH ORIGINAL MOULIN-ROUGE, PARIS, TROUPE (13 GIRLS & ME) I was MC for many weeks on Tour, including a video performance in the Hangar Deck on board the Aircraft Carrier, FORRESTAL.




HAVE BEEN HERE





HAVE BEEN HERE









HAVE "NOT" BEEN HERE, But It Is On My List







HAVE BEEN HERE










HAVE BEEN HERE - AND INSIDE










HAVE BEEN HERE










HAVE BEEN HERE












HAVE BEEN HERE


























ISN'T FAIR
















SURE IT IS















Now, did anyone ask themselves just what the heck those pics of Glacier National Park have to do with yesterday's blog? I did get some feedback with that question. The answer is nothing...absolutley nothing at all to do with yesterday's blog.

I am fixated by numerous comments regarding the pics being the best part of this blog. No, it does not hurt my feelings...whatever gets the message across...besides, I never alluded to any expertise in my writing...nice to know, however, that my camera selection is a success.

I enjoyed a perfectly supurb day sitting under the Bellingham Sun with two of my favorite people...Kim and Les. Les I have known and admired for over 22 years. Kim I met only today.

And why, do you ask make them two of my favorite people? Both Kim and Les are on top of the table folks, positive to the point of not being negative about most anything. It is refreshing to carry on intelligent discussions with obviously intelligent folks who look at the positive side of events...not look for a cop-out or someone else on whom to lay responsibilities.

Besides, both Kim and Les paid for my coffee and lunch.

I mentioned to Kim that I, at least, look to reach that thar corner up ahead, knowing full well that someone/something positive is waiting for me. It works every time. Just hang in there...one foot in front of the next foot until the corner is reached and rewards are waiting.

I also mentioned to Kim that as a teenager, I used to avoid going to parties and dances; not because I did not have a good time, but because I wanted to avoid the let down when they ended. I now know that I missed out on so much. I can assure you that I now try not to miss ANY event, knowing that someone/something is waiting for me just around that corner...if I can just get there.

I also learned, today, that Les and I have much more in common than either of us knew. Not only did we grow up in the Tri-Cities - he in Richland, me in Kennewick (natural enemies), went through the Air Force in the 50's together, had identical sailing yachts, but most importantly, that we both like Pulled Pork. Of course, Les is a Doctor of Learning (PHD), and I hardly finished High School. And, if it were not for Les, I would never have started my blog. Les guided and cajoled me into allowing him to set my Blog up for me and showed me how to make it work. Thank you for my Blog, Les, as well as for lunch.

The one major complaint I have about Les is that he never let me finish cleaning, sealing, and painting the inside window frames of his magnificant condo facing the Ferry Landing at Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands.

While Les was sending melodic strains from his Bagpipes welcoming the coming and going of the Washington State Ferries at Friday Harbor, all I wanted was to putty, sand, and paint his condo window frames.

G'nite, Kim...G'nite, Les.

Tomorrow IS another day...from Gone With The Wind.
Nice lunch, Les...thankyou. Nice Cappo...Kim...thankyou.

Will see if I can find a pic.....these are NOT my pics...apologize if they offend...not intended...and they have absolutely nothing...and have absolutely EVERYTHING to do with my blog(s).

1 comment:

DJan said...

I am still enjoying your blog, reading it every day, Bruce, and I think the writing is more important to me than the pictures. Just wanted to let you know. And you are an inspiration to so many of us older people.